Welcome to our new Citrix community!

WEM Sizing - Growing Vertical

Question

Hello community,

I'm in need of sizing an environment for WEM which will be used only for the Transformer funcionality. The number of machines transformed will be 10k.

Now, looking under System Requirements https://docs.citrix.com/en-us/workspace-environment-management/current-release/system-requirements.html it states that for 3000 users you need 4 vCPU, 8GB RAM, 80GB Disk

So some questions appeared:

- Using WEM exclusively to Transformer, are the requirements the same?

- Growing vertical, like, making CPU and RAM double, triple the resources.. Does the number of supported users/machines by server increase in same proportion?

- What's stored in this 80GB disk? Does the disk needs to grow too when growing vertical?

Thanks in advance.

4 answers to this question

I haven't done many large scale transformer deployments, but i can comment and say that in normal WEM operations a scale out approach is needed rather than a scale up - there is more than just the CPU/Memory spec to contend with and a load of underlying communication channels that need to be managed

80Gb disk is a funny one, the footprint for WEM is next to nothing from a storage perspective - only time i have seen it chew into disk is when we enable logging or tracing

• Like 2
8 hours ago, James Kindon said:

I haven't done many large scale transformer deployments, but i can comment and say that in normal WEM operations a scale out approach is needed rather than a scale up - there is more than just the CPU/Memory spec to contend with and a load of underlying communication channels that need to be managed

80Gb disk is a funny one, the footprint for WEM is next to nothing from a storage perspective - only time i have seen it chew into disk is when we enable logging or tracing

Thank you very much for you answer James!

So, should I keep the specifications vCPU 4 and 8GB and 3k users by machine and just grow the number o machines?