Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Citrix Workspace 19.12.0.23 on Mac - Performance again

Walter Hopgood

Question

Things have been stable with Citrix Workspace for the last year or so, with zero performance issues.  My system upgraded to 19.12.0.23 a few days ago and I've noticed performance lag / beachball is starting again.  Not as horrific as the first time we went through this, but it's still significant enough to cause a five second pause in work every three to five minutes of work.  I've seen this mostly using Citrix with Cerner applications, but have also seen it with Office 365 applications.

Citrix Workspace 19.12.0.23 (1912)

MacOS Cataline 10.15.2

MacBook Pro 2017 Intel Dual Core i5 16Gb RAM with 8Gb free

2 answers to this question

I've got a handful of questions for you as I explore whether or not we're seeing the same in our environment.

22 hours ago, Walter Hopgood said:

My system upgraded to 19.12.0.23 a few days ago and I've noticed performance lag / beachball is starting again.

What version of Citrix Workspace were you using before the upgrade?

Have you tried downgrading back to that version?

Have you considered downgrading to the latest version of Citrix Receiver? (I realize it's not supported on 10.15 but perhaps it works?)

22 hours ago, Walter Hopgood said:

...and I've noticed performance lag / beachball is starting again.  Not as horrific as the first time we went through this, but it's still significant enough to cause a five second pause in work every three to five minutes of work.

When was the last time you ran into this issue and what was the solution?

In your estimation, when did this performance issue appear?

Did it coincide with upgrading MacOS?

• Did you notice this in 10.12 - Sierra?
  • Did you notice this in 10.13 - High Sierra?
  • Did you notice this in 10.14 - Mojave?
  • Did you notice this in earlier builds of 10.15 - Catalina? (e.g.: 10.15.1? 10.15?)

Did this appear to coincide with upgrading either 

• From version X of Receiver to version X of Workspace?
  • From version X of Workspace to version Y of Workspace?

Thanks in advance

What version of Citrix Workspace were you using before the upgrade? 19.10.2.41 (1910)

Have you tried downgrading back to that version? Yes, I went back to it as I posted this. I haven't had a single problem. 

Have you considered downgrading to the latest version of Citrix Receiver? (I realize it's not supported on 10.15 but perhaps it works?) No, I haven't tried Receiver, since A) I think it's 32bit & my version of MacOS doesn't support 32bit applications and B) Workspace 19.10.2.41 works without issues.

When was the last time you ran into this issue and what was the solution?  Last time was the fiasco when Workspace for Mac came out and there was Medal support - and it did nothing but cause spinning beachball performance on every Mac.  I worked with a few Citrix engineers which is documented in lots of threads, including this one: https://discussions.citrix.com/topic/398905-citrix-workspace-performance-on-macos-1014

In your estimation, when did this performance issue appear?  Just after the upgrade to 19.12.0.23 (1912)

Did it coincide with upgrading MacOS? No.  I haven't had an OS upgrade in weeks.

Did this appear to coincide with upgrading either:  This happened when upgrading Citrix Workspace from 19.10.2.41 (1910) to Citrix Workspace 19.12.0.23 (1912)