Welcome to our new Citrix community!

No applications or desktops available on newly built LTSR 1912

Jim Smith1709157654

Question

Hi I have built a new LTSR 1912 environment (joint licence/Delivery controller/SQL express; and a separate Storefront server). 

I do not have an *.lic.

I want to test the software (and understand that a 30 day licence comes as part of the software install).

Ive followed the build instructions but when connecting to with either the url or with Citrix Workspace to the Storefront store I receive the screen

"There are no apps or desktops assigned to you at this time" 

The VDA (3.5gb 1 core) Is running Windows 10 and it is in a Catalog on its own.

The delivery group is configured to deliver the catalog to all users (which just comprises that 1 desktop VDI) 

The VDI is showing as 'Registered' in Studio on the delivery controller and in powershell on the delivery controller. 

When I access the "Citrix Licence administration console I don't see any licences issued? Could this be the problem? If so how would it be resolved (by importing and .lic into the console I presume but I don't have one - just the default 30 days you receive). 

I've built the VMs/lab in a region in Azure IAAS with one Domain controller  and everything within the Vnet/network communicates with everything else in the Vnet OK. 

DNS is configured on the DC and seems to be resolving OK. 

Any help or assistance is greatly appreciated. 

2 answers to this question

29 minutes ago, Jim Smith1709157654 said:

The delivery group is configured to deliver the catalog to all users (which just comprises that 1 desktop VDI) 

With the desktop itself, have you assigned users to it or set it to the delivery group?

The StoreFront logs should be your starting point if assignments of resources look OK