Welcome to our new Citrix community!

AppLayering User Layer to UPM File based Profiles.

Sandeep Goli1709160621

Question

11 answers to this question

34 minutes ago, James Kindon said:

I am not familiar with AppLayering user layers and the structure within - but you 100% can replicate containers in realtime

https://bvckup2.com/kb/beyond-robocopy

As far as I know when a disk is mounted no file system today can replicate the data that is being written to it except for Oracle Rak. When a user is in session the disk is attached to OS and the user profile is stored on it. Only when the user logs off the disk gets unmounted and then can be replicated as a block.

32 minutes ago, Sandeep Goli1709160621 said:

As far as I know when a disk is mounted no file system today can replicate the data that is being written to it except for Oracle Rak. When a user is in session the disk is attached to OS and the user profile is stored on it. Only when the user logs off the disk gets unmounted and then can be replicated as a block.

Go read on bvckup2 - I use this for fslogix environments regularly. Block level, real time replication whilst the container is mounted 

(hey Rob!!)

8 hours ago, James Kindon said:

Go read on bvckup2 - I use this for fslogix environments regularly. Block level, real time replication whilst the container is mounted 

(hey Rob!!)

Hi James,

Thank you for the info. The decision has been made to move away from UserLayer to UPM. While I am trying the bvckup2 tool myself, I will have to migrate production user profiles to UPM. So, looking for the best way to do the same.

-Sandeep