Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Re the "Cloud connector for Citrix Networking, formerly NetScaler Cloud Connector" feature

Paul Blitz

So, when looking at the Netscaler (ok, Citrix ADC) datasheet - which we do during training - the last feature under "Application Security" is "Cloud connector for Citrix Networking, formerly NetScaler Cloud Connector".

Now, when I look up "Cloud Connector" online, it talks about the software that runs on Windows: this seems to be a service that "bridges" data from your cloud setup into your corporate network

When I look on the Netscaler, and search for "Cloud", then I only see the "CloudBridge Connector", which provides a service that "bridges" data between Netscalers.... but that is named "CloudBridge Connector", not "Cloud Connector"

(and when I search "Netscaler Cloud Connector" online, I get an SDWan feature!)

So, my question: ARE the "Cloud Connector" and "CloudBridge Connector" the same thing. If not, where is the Cloud Connector on Netscaler?? Or is the datasheet telling me lies?

Simple answer is no. 

CloudBridge connector is a feature on the ADC to establish a VPN tunnel between ADCs, SDWan and a few 3rd party appliances. Aka make a cloud before the cloud term was a thing :). 

The Cloud connector is as you stated the widows version. 

Cloud connector for Citrix Networking, is a stand alone appliance similar to the Windows version. 

Val 

• 2 weeks later...