Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Teams can't make PSTN call

Salani PIER PAOLO SALANI

Question

The current Citrix Docs state:   "Phone System is Microsoft’s technology that enables call control and PBX capabilities in the Office 365 cloud with Microsoft Teams. Optimization for Microsoft Teams supports Phone System, using Office 365 Calling Plans or Direct Routing. With Direct Routing, you connect your own supported session border controller to the Microsoft Phone System directly without any additional on-premises software."

However under Known Limitations:   "We don’t support Dual Tone Multi Frequency (DTMF) interaction with telephony systems."

How then are users supposed to interact with their Teams Voicemail Greetings which requires DTMF.  Our users are required to record greetings on a daily basis.  As it stands at the moment I am unable to use Teams Optimisations.

39 minutes ago, Carl Stalhood said:

Indeed it does but it doesn't work in our environment, unless there are other dependencies .  We have a support ticket open with this and a related issue as per: https://discussions.citrix.com/topic/410304-microsoft-teams-missing-voicemail-button-in-citrix-hdx-optimized/ 

Pretty disappointing given we are about to migrate our voice calling into Teams. Based on these two issues we will have to disable optimisations, which then creates other issues around video...

4 minutes ago, isaachMF said:

Indeed it does but it doesn't work in our environment, unless there are other dependencies .  We have a support ticket open with this and a related issue as per: https://discussions.citrix.com/topic/410304-microsoft-teams-missing-voicemail-button-in-citrix-hdx-optimized/ 

Pretty disappointing given we are about to migrate our voice calling into Teams. Based on these two issues we will have to disable optimisations, which then creates other issues around video...

This will be fixed in a couple of weeks. Will have to follow up with product team on latest. 

On 9/14/2020 at 4:00 AM, Daniel Szomboti said:

CWA side fix. Pinged them now. Will revert once I hear back.

Any update here? We are needing to get this working asap, and Citrix support keeps telling me its a Microsoft thing, but if its a Citrix thing, please let us know. I am happy to implement a private hotfix if necessary, as we need this working asap.

Thanks!

18 hours ago, jfarlow669 said:

Any update here? We are needing to get this working asap, and Citrix support keeps telling me its a Microsoft thing, but if its a Citrix thing, please let us know. I am happy to implement a private hotfix if necessary, as we need this working asap.

Thanks!

It was released this week with new CWA 2009.5.

Thanks. 

40 minutes ago, Daniel Szomboti said:

It was released this week with new CWA 2009.5.

Thanks. 

Hi Daniel - do you mean CWA 2009.6 as per: https://www.citrix.com/en-gb/downloads/workspace-app/windows/workspace-app-for-windows-latest.html

From our our testing this is still NOT working.  Whilst you now get an audible response when using the dialpad, it does not action the attendant menus.  Tested against the Teams Voicemail Attendant, a Teams Auto Attendant on our own tenant and an external attendant (Vodafone Customer Services).

Teams Version:  1.3.00.21759 64bit Optimised

We are still having to run un-optimised due to this.

1 hour ago, isaachMF said:

Hi Daniel - do you mean CWA 2009.6 as per: https://www.citrix.com/en-gb/downloads/workspace-app/windows/workspace-app-for-windows-latest.html

From our our testing this is still NOT working.  Whilst you now get an audible response when using the dialpad, it does not action the attendant menus.  Tested against the Teams Voicemail Attendant, a Teams Auto Attendant on our own tenant and an external attendant (Vodafone Customer Services).

Teams Version:  1.3.00.21759 64bit Optimised

We are still having to run un-optimised due to this.

In fact I'm mistaken. It's due in October release not this one. Just doublechecked the release notes. When that comes out just upgrade CWA and it will be fine. 

Daniel

1 minute ago, Daniel Szomboti said:

In fact I'm mistaken. It's due in October release not this one. Just doublechecked the release notes. When that comes out just upgrade CWA and it will be fine. 

Daniel

Roughly what date in October might that be Daniel?  We've been waiting a while...

On 10/1/2020 at 12:12 PM, jfarlow669 said:

Thanks!

Please try again today. Sign out/Sign back in required. CWA 2006 for Windows or higher.

• Like 1
On 10/15/2020 at 2:22 PM, fernandok said:

Try now, it was enabled today. Sign out / sign back into Teams required.

Hi fernando, I have just tested this with CWA 20.10.0.12 with a Teams dial-in number and the conference ID will not be accepted at all. Has this been broken in CWA 20.10.0.12?

On 12/4/2020 at 8:06 PM, Fernando Klurfan said:

unfortunately, yes, its broken but not on CWA side. See ctx253754

Still doesn't seem to be resolved. Can no one provide an update on this please? I have upgraded to 2103.1  but it is still not resolved for Windows