Welcome to our new Citrix community!

XenServer Management Agent 7.2.0.1537 version Installation issues

Varaprasad Gevini

Question

4 answers to this question

Thanks Boby for your reply.

What error are you getting ?

Ans: After upgrade of Xentools from 7.1.x version to 7.2.0.1537 version, PV Network drivers not getting installed.

We observed Realtek Network drivers in use for network connectivity.

Revert back from 7.2.0.1537 to previous version 7.1.x, however still Realtek Network drivers in use for network connectivity. PV network drivers are not getting installed.

Does that happen over a fresh install as well ?

Ans: Yes even fresh installation, we observed similar behavior. 

and only on Windows10 ? 

Ans: We have been installed above mentioned xentools on windows 10 only

Hello,

Because the Windows I/O drivers available with 7.2.0.1537 are an increment to the major version (8 --> 9), there are multiple reboots required to get all of the drivers fully installed. This can be up to 3 reboots depending on the installation method. 
This behaviour will be seen on Windows 8.1, Windows 10, Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows Server 2016, Windows Server Core 2016, Windows Server 2019, Windows Server Core 2019. Other Windows OSes are not supported for the 9.x.x.x version of the Windows I/O drivers, so I don't believe they will see the same number of required reboots with 7.2.0.1537.

This article lists the chain of events that occur as part of a complete installation of the 9.x.x.x drivers, including reboot actions required by the user: https://support.citrix.com/article/CTX267721

I've typically noticed two restarts.  If you see a windows reminder to restart and a Citrix reminder to restart always

wait for the Citrix prompts. I've not had any issues with PV Drivers being installed and I've done about 30 so far,

mainly Windows Server2012 and 2016. You might want to show hidden devices in device management and remove

all of the stale entries and let those redetect.  I remove anything gray under Network Adapters when I do this.

--Alan--