Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Mac OS X : Can't access internal IP addresses and hosts

Luis Fernandes

Question

Hello,

I have a MBP 13' 2013 using Mac OS Catalina 10.15.2.

I installed Citrix Gateway and Workspace in order to use my company's VPN.

I access this VPN by going to a url , in which I'm asked for user and password. It then prompts me to open Citrix Gateway. 

In my screen I can see for how long I've been connected to the VPN, Internal Network Address, Bytes Sent, Bytes Received and the Routing Table.

I'm using Wifi and I have connectivity to the Internet. Unfortunately I can't access internal hosts or ping internal IP addresses that I can using a PC.

I've tried to change the service priority on the Network settings, I have my firewall disabled, and all my network configurations are default.

Any tips on how to solve this?

Thank you very much

5 answers to this question

Thinking aloud:

A couple of years ago, I discovered that Apple's iOS (ie on an iPhone) did NOT work over a split-tunnel connection, but required that ALL traffic was tunneled to the VPN (apparently this was a requirement forced on Citrix by Apple). This required using a policy to detect the iPhone (looked in User-Agent header), and invoking a second session profile, same as main profile, but with Split Tunneling disabled.

I wonder if this is still the case, and it apples to MacOS as well?

On 1/9/2020 at 4:59 PM, Paul Blitz said:

Thinking aloud:

A couple of years ago, I discovered that Apple's iOS (ie on an iPhone) did NOT work over a split-tunnel connection, but required that ALL traffic was tunneled to the VPN (apparently this was a requirement forced on Citrix by Apple). This required using a policy to detect the iPhone (looked in User-Agent header), and invoking a second session profile, same as main profile, but with Split Tunneling disabled. MyLabCorp.com Login

I wonder if this is still the case, and it apples to MacOS as well?

Good one, I had no idea about this trick. Make sense if it works pretty well. Thanks!