Welcome to our new Citrix community!

GSLB monitor for SSL service through Content Switching Vserver

Hi,

We have a setup for a URL through CS Vserver on port 443 in each of our 3 datacenters.

There is a custom HTTP-ECV monitor used to monitor custom file /bin/monitor which works.

I'm trying to configure GSLB setup for it in each data center. When custom monitor on CS vserver goes down, the GSLB still shows as UP. So to make it with live monitor, I configured it with same custom monitor here too as /bin/monitor but it says "Failure - TCP connection successful but application timed out"

Please can some assist in setting up GSLB where application URL is configured with SSL port 443 through CS Vserver.

Thank you.

I assume you have a a LB vServer behind the CS vServer and want the CS to be marked as down when the LB vServer is down?

If so, edit the CS and under Traffic Settings set State Update to Enabled

By default the CS vServer ignores the state of LB vServer bound to it. So if you do not enable the State Update option of the Content Switching vServer then the NetScaler appliance ignores the state of the target Load Balancing vServer when displaying the state of the Content Switching vServer. This way the GSLB server will now be marked as down when the CS vServer goes down.

On 1/3/2020 at 6:17 PM, Paul Cross said:

I assume you have a a LB vServer behind the CS vServer and want the CS to be marked as down when the LB vServer is down?

If so, edit the CS and under Traffic Settings set State Update to Enabled

By default the CS vServer ignores the state of LB vServer bound to it. So if you do not enable the State Update option of the Content Switching vServer then the NetScaler appliance ignores the state of the target Load Balancing vServer when displaying the state of the Content Switching vServer. This way the GSLB server will now be marked as down when the CS vServer goes down.

This will make CS vserver to go down when service group is partially UP.