Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Warron French

Question

We are running RHEL-7.6 with kernel-3.10.0-957.27.2.  We are currently running the package ICAClient-13.10.0.20-0 and are upgrading to ICAClient-19.6.0.60-0.

The implementation of the upgrades are being handled across a network on several machines at a time, potentially 60 machines concurrently, at the same site; we have several sites.

The way YUM works is first install newer package (ICAClient-19.6.0.60-0) then execute removal of prior/older package (ICAClient-13.10.0.20-0).

The execution of the YUM command is being implemented against several machines concurrently over a REX (Remote Execution over SSH), and no matter what the process takes too long (over 25 minutes).  The log file /var/log/messages file doesn't indicate anything serious from what I can tell; however, the /var/log/audit/audit.log file rolled over due to size constraints (we set) and all due to something related to "gstreamer" generically speaking.

So during the yum execution I was also logged into a test machine, and ran 

ps -ef | egrep ICAClient

I found several lines in response:

1. A line for the yum erase of ICAClient,
  2. the line for the yum-associated rpm execution,
  3. the execution of /opt/Citrix/ICAClient/util/disintegrate.sh which is a link to integrate.sh

Seeing that this was executing this script/link I was able to determine that the script was, for some reason, attempting to execute another command:

/opt/Citrix/ICAClient/util/gst_pla0.10  --gst-version-check

Which doesn't seem to complete or gather back details.  I manually executed the command and the process just hung, no response.  I also tried:

/opt/Citrix/ICAClient/util/gst_play0.10 --gst-support-check

I am not allowed to provide log files.

Sorry,

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet