Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Trying to update an hypervisor with no SR, how can it be done ?

Laurent Sauve

Question

I have a pool of xenserver 7.6 and need to add a new hypervisor to that pool. So I do a new installation and when I try to add this to the pool and get the message that it need update to be able to join the pool, so I try to update the node but I get the error message :  xe update-upload file-name=XS76E013.iso Error: No sr-uuid parameter was given, and the pool's default SR is unspecified or invalid. Please explicitly specify the SR to use in the sr-uuid parameter, or set the pool's default SR.

How can I do that when It is not join to a pool ?

11 answers to this question

Well I create a nfs server on the pool server and temporary create a NFS SR for the new xenrserver to apply the patch. Seems to be working now. Will update to see the final result.

update: So yes, everything worked after I made that temporary NFS server. Update went well and I was able to join the pool.

• Like 1

It was never created so that was my problem. We always deploy with no SR as nodes usually join pools. But in older version prior to 7.x we could still apply patches locally. It seems for the version 7.x you need a SR to apply patches. Now I know and will just need to deploy a small nfs server temporary for patch deployment.

Edited by lsauve_internap
1 minute ago, Tobias Kreidl said:

You can perhaps still create a local SR if there's a spare partition and space on the local drive. It would have to be done via the CLI, though.

Can't as the space is all used for the OS, its 2 small SSD. But like I said I found a solution with a small nfs VM as a temp SR