Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Does Linux VDA support Printer Redirection via Win10 Receiver?

salil salil

Question

5 answers to this question

Thanks Chen for your quick response.

What's the print data format that Linux VDA send to Win10 Client, is it postscript?

Since I saw a know issue(https://support.citrix.com/article/CTX140208) that Windows VDA need to install a HP postscript driver when use Linux/Mac client, when I use Win10 client to connect to Linux VDA, do I also need to install the HP postscript driver on the Win10 client side? Could the Win10 Receiver handle postscript data from Linux?

Some printers still don't work even if you install the driver, but some can work without installing the driver. It depends on the protocol of your printer. Our suggestion is:

1. Try to print on a paper, if it doesn't work, follow the step 2.
  2. Use PDF printing: enable Client Printer Redirection and Auto-create PDF Universal Printer policies in the Citrix Studio (older versions may not support).

Thanks Chen, not sure if my understanding about the print data format is correct:

1. Try to print on a paper, if it doesn't work, follow the step 2.

=> By default Linux VDA send postscript data to Win10 Receiver, but some printers still doesn't work even install the HP driver, then we need to go to option 2)

2. Use PDF printing: enable Client Printer Redirection and Auto-create PDF Universal Printer policies in the Citrix Studio (older versions may not support).

=> Linux VDA send PDF data to Win10 Receiver.

Am I corrrect?