Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Net Scaler VPX Express Question - License

Michael Harris

Hello,

I have a question regarding VPX Express (free) version of NetScaler.  About a year ago, I went through the process of getting a free license.  It was my understanding then and now that the license was only good for 1 year and that it needed to be renewed each year.    

My environment is very small and we use Net Scaler to provide remote access via Citrix Receiver to my users.   

My questions are 

1.  Is that this the correct understanding? Is VPX Express still free  and does it still offer a 1 year license?

2.  If so, where am I going to renew the license?  Or how do i go about renewing the license?  In the past, there was a link on the download section but I'm not sure if that is for a completely new (Separate) separate install.  

3.  Is there a way for me to simply renew the license shown in My Citrix?

1 hour ago, Valeri Bonchev said:

VPX Express no longer exists. Starting with 12.1 the ADC is licensed at Freemium edition out of the box. This license  does not include the Gateway feature. You may need to obtain an actual license. 

Thank you.  

Would i work through the licensing department for this gateway license?  Where would I go to get what is needed to change this over?

Also, does the existing NS device stop working once the license expires?  Is there a grace period?  

I ask because I was under the assumption that we would be able to renew and apply, but that has changed.

You will have to work with your sales rep for what will best suit your needs. There are many options. You can also  check out the online store for VPX.

https://store.citrix.com/store?Action=buy&Locale=en_US&SiteID=citrix&ThemeID=37713000&productID=315172500

Yes the VPX will become unlicensed upon license expiration post a reboot. There is no grace period. 

On 12/16/2019 at 1:40 PM, Valeri Bonchev said:

You will have to work with your sales rep for what will best suit your needs. There are many options. You can also  check out the online store for VPX.

https://store.citrix.com/store?Action=buy&Locale=en_US&SiteID=citrix&ThemeID=37713000&productID=315172500

Yes the VPX will become unlicensed upon license expiration post a reboot. There is no grace period. 

Hi Sorry,

Do you know if i would be able to purchase a license that could apply to the 11.1 or is the only option to upgrade to the 12.x version.

thanks again.