Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Connecting to a Windows 10 through the VDA, mouse cursor disappears when launching a XenApp session through Workspace App

Jay Phern

Question

When launching a XenApp session through the Citrix workspace app on a virtual machine that is connected through the VDA, the mouse cursor disappears withing the XenApp session windows, but keyboard clicks still work. I've seen similar issues, but none of the solutions have helped us.

• Using Windows 10 with VDA 1909 and tested with both 1909 and 1911 of the Citrix Workspace App. Connecting to both Server 2008R2 and Server 2012.
  • Windows 7 has no issues
  • If I RDP to the XenApp server, I have no issue. Also if I console to the VM through vCenter, and launch the Workspace App on that VM I have no issue. It only seem to be when connected to the VM through the VDA that the mouse cursor disappears in the XenApp window.
  • Direct connect to the app from our thin client also has no issue.  
  • I have tried the DPI changes, the mouse changes that I have read, none of which has helped. 
  • It appears to be something with the VDA? Maybe a regkey setting that needs to be changed?

I have seen a couple posts on Citrix with users having the same issue, but there hasn't been and replies to those. So I thought I would reach out and see. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet