Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Sessions hang at logoff and multiple user sessions occur

David Rosenthal

Question

On XenDesktop 7.15 LTSR  I added a Server 2019 for testing.  It's working fine except for two issues.

1. When a user logs off, the session remains Active in the Lingering state according to the Studio, and the processes in the screen shot continue running.

2036676628_Hangingprocesses.thumb.jpg.4b9bcb7b0f511f80ec2120e7a168e956.jpg

I added all of them to the LogoffCheckSysModules registry key.  According to CTX891671 many of them should already be identified as system processes.

2. When a session is in this state, and the user starts another app, a new login session is created,

1849777825_MultipleSessions.thumb.jpg.b36c2f869da06899196eeda57041cc7c.jpg

This happens despite the fact that the Session Host Configuration restricts each user to a single session.

2 answers to this question

Thank you.  1909 works as expected. 

One bit of info in case anyone runs into the issue.  While updating, the VDA installation did not continue after the reboot.  Looking at HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce, I tried running the command listed at !XenDesktopSetup, but nothing seemed to happen.  In task manager I noticed that it was running, but kept getting new PIDs, and no logs were being generated.  After deleting !XenDesktopSetup, the setup UI opened, and continued successfully.