Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Two (or more) instances of saplogon.exe per user possible (XA7.15,Win2016)?

Andreas Haseneder

Question

Dear community,

i have a issue and i hope you guys can give me any hint or maybe you know a solution.

I run a farm with XA 6.5 on Win2k8R2 servers with like 350ccu. Mostly used applications are IE, Google Chrome, WinSCP and SAP Logon 7.4.
I needed to renew the whole farm. Therefore i set up a new farm with XA 7.15 LC4 on Win2k16 servers. Users and applications are mostly the same.
Applications were updated, newer versions are now installed (e.g.: SAP Logon 7.6).

On the old farm (XA 6.5) the users was able to open several instances of SAP Logon (saplogon.exe/saplgpd.exe), each with another config.
On the new farm (XA 7.15) that is not possible anymore. Only one instance of the executable can be used at the same time.

I checked the application properties on the old and the new farm, they are identicaly.
Max concurrent instances and max instances per user are set to unlimited.

Is there anything that i am missing?
Someone has the same issue or has a clue?

Best regards
Andreas

1 answer to this question

The solution is simple... It came to my mind as i was lying in bed and i had to test it...

The .xml file which is called in the command line arguments has to be different for every published SAP Logon Pad.

What i did before was to call every saplgpad.exe with a different path but the same name of .xml file.

E.g.:

Application Path: %ProgamFiles(x86)%\SAP\FrontEnd\SapGui\saplgpad.exe

Command Line arguments: /LSXML_File="\\workingdirectory\subdir\1\SAPUILandscape.xml"

Command Line arguments: /LSXML_File="\\workingdirectory\subdir\2\SAPUILandscape.xml"

Command Line arguments: /LSXML_File="\\workingdirectory\subdir\3\SAPUILandscape.xml"

and so on...

So the difference was the path. But that causes that saplgpad.exe could not be opened more than once.

What i do now is to give every .xml file a different name.

E.g.:

Command Line arguments: /LSXML_File="\\workingdirectory\subdir\1\SAPUILandscapeOne.xml"

Command Line arguments: /LSXML_File="\\workingdirectory\subdir\2\SAPUILandscapeTwo.xml"

Command Line arguments: /LSXML_File="\\workingdirectory\subdir\3\SAPUILandscapeThree.xml"

Now it works as planned and i can go to bed and sleep well.

Best regards

Andreas

• Like 1