Welcome to our new Citrix community!

ShareFile error after integrating with Azure AD

Marcel Zunnebeld

Question

Hi all,

We have integrated Citrix files with Azure AD. Before that we had our own ADSF server.
Everything works fine for the Outlook plugin and the Citrix Files Windows Client / ShareFile (web) portal, but on the Citrix Files client on iOS and Android we get the error "Verifying via SSO is not possible"  The Citrix Files client does not open :-(
In the Citrix Files app properties (inside XenMobile console) , network access is set to 'Unrestricted'. Testing with Full VPN, Web SSO make no difference, the error keeps appearing.

If I install the Citrix Files app from the public store and log in with company credentials, I will end up in the Citrix Files client. However, this is too difficult for users to configure

Who has an idea how to solve this?

Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,

Marcel

4 answers to this question

Hi,

I don't know if this is still an open issue.

The Citrix Files MDX client receives the configuration from XenMobile / Settings / ShareFile and requires the SAML certificate on the xenmobile server to be valid.

It ignores the configuration for the login URL on ShareFile.

Is it possible that this configuration is outdated?

Hi,

The problem has recently been closed by Citrix with this answer: "For Wrapped sharefile application (MDX apps), you would need to set up Dual IDP. Only ADFS will not work. You would need to use ADFS+Xm as IDP" .

We now install the Citrix Files app from the public store and let the users log in (SSO)  via Azure AD. It is no longer an option for us to set up a dual IDP.

Kind regards,
Marcel

Hi Marcel,

you just need to use the same SAML certificate on ADFS and XenMobile.

In other words: import the SAML certificate used by ADFS to XenMobile, that's it.

In worst case it's possible that you need to sync the configuraiton, in this case:

1. Import the SAML certificate used by ADFS to XenMobile
  2. go to your sharefile admin section, make a copy of all values for Single Sign On
  3. goto your xenmobile appliance -> Settings -> ShareFile and hit SAVE
  4. go to you sharefile admin section, insert the values from your backup in step 2

finished

Hi,

Thanks for your explanation!

We have always had an ADFS server, with the Dual IDP configuration with XenMobile, but because ADFS was only used by Sharefile we chose to move the login for Citrix Files to Azure AD. I thought the Citrix Files MDX app could handle that, but unfortunately that is not the case.
We are now satisfied with the public app and the Azure AD login ;-)

Regards,
Marcel