Welcome to our new Citrix community!

XenServer 6.5 compatibility with Dell Storage

VirtualAB

Question

9 answers to this question

Yep, I wouldn't think much has changed with regard to the MD3xxxx series. But you are on 

your own since its not on the HCL and even more so since 6.5 is old. But from my perspective

it should work just fine. I take it this is networked and iSCSI? Should not be a problem. If its more

of a DAS and you are directly connecting it there could be issues with XenServer detecting it

properly.

--Alan--

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Alan Lantz said:

Yep, I wouldn't think much has changed with regard to the MD3xxxx series. But you are on 

your own since its not on the HCL and even more so since 6.5 is old. But from my perspective

it should work just fine. I take it this is networked and iSCSI? Should not be a problem. If its more

of a DAS and you are directly connecting it there could be issues with XenServer detecting it

properly.

--Alan--

Yes Alan, it's iscsi and i'm gonna give it try and see.

11 hours ago, Tobias Kreidl said:

The firmware should not really make any difference in the connectivity -- it's worked fine for XS 6.5 with Dell MD3600i units and the 38XX series isn't all that different. I have an MD3600i working still with XS 7.1, BTW.

-=Tobias

I'm more worried about my File Server VM hosted on this XS 6.5 pool, it has critical user data on D drive. This D drive created from mapped SR which coming from Dell storage. After firmware upgrade on storage box, what worst can I expect if something goes wrong.