Welcome to our new Citrix community!

UNDERSTAND CITRIX ACCESS GATEWAY, NETSCALER GATEWAY, NETSACLER ADC

constant mwepu

Hello everyone, I am entering this platform. I use xenapp == vitual app, I would like to have a fixed idea about the differences, if there are any successes: *** citrix access gateway vs netscaler gateway vs netscaler adc  My concern is to have a solution that can publish on the Internet my internal applications in a secure way. Thank you for your availability.

All 3 products that you mention allow you to securely publish your internal applications.

Citrix Access Gateway was a software solution that ran on a Windows server.

NetScaler Gateway comes in both hardware and virtualized versions, runs on top of a Linux kernel, and was created to replace Access Gateway.

NetScaler ADC, also running on Linux, adds a lot more functionality on top of NetScaler Gateway, like clientless VPN, full VPN, etc.

• Like 1

Citrix Secure Gateway (CSG) was the windows application. CAG was a physical (and later virtual) appliance that ran on top of Linux

Netscaler / Citrix ADC does NOT run on top of Linux: it runs the "Netscaler Kernel" (which if anything, has roots in BSD), which is why it is so fast & efficient.

"Netscaler" (aka Netscaler ADC) was recently renamed as "Citrix ADC". The Netscaler Gateway (now Citrix Gateway) is a feature-reduced version of Netscaler, and is thus a bit cheaper. These products are used by MANY companys to provide secure remote access to their XenApp / Xen Desktop environment: in fact, I'm onsite this week giving training to such a company!

• Like 1