Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Citrix optimization for Microsoft Teams - WorkSpaceApp 19.5.0.132

Hussain Al Sayed

Question

Hello,

We are rolling out MS Teams and I found there is a Tech Preview WorkSpaceApp version 19.5.0.132 seems to be specific for MS Teams Only. But also there is another version of WorkSpaceApp version 19.9.0.21 which seems to be newer that 19.5.0.132. Now, which WorkSpaceApp would work perfectly for MS Teams and SFB ?

https://www.citrix.com/downloads/citrix-virtual-apps-and-desktops/betas-and-tech-previews/citrix-hdx-preview-for-microsoft-teams.html

Regards,

9 answers to this question

On 11/26/2019 at 11:43 AM, Hussain Al Sayed said:

Hello,

We are rolling out MS Teams and I found there is a Tech Preview WorkSpaceApp version 19.5.0.132 seems to be specific for MS Teams Only. But also there is another version of WorkSpaceApp version 19.9.0.21 which seems to be newer that 19.5.0.132. Now, which WorkSpaceApp would work perfectly for MS Teams and SFB ?

https://www.citrix.com/downloads/citrix-virtual-apps-and-desktops/betas-and-tech-previews/citrix-hdx-preview-for-microsoft-teams.html

Regards,

Hi. 

Wait until the second week in December and make sure you have latest CWA and Teams optimization will work of the box. VDI version has to be higher than 1906.

If you have Skype then make sure you have either RTOP 2.8 whih is now the CR or 2.4 LTSR installed. Latest workspace app will work with both. 

• Like 1

As per the link provided for the Tech-Preview says;

With this preview of Workspace app version 19.5.0.132, you can offload the processing of audio, video and screensharing to the user’s device, which results in lower CPU, RAM, I/O and Bandwidth consumption in the virtual machine hosting the application.
Read more at https://www.citrix.com/downloads/citrix-virtual-apps-and-desktops/betas-and-tech-previews/citrix-hdx-preview-for-microsoft-teams.html#X9lJkqKqLRrjALzY.99

Does that mean the WorkSpaceApp 19.9.0.21 doesn't provide offloading Audio/Video and ScreenSharing processing from EndPoint devices to VDI machines..?

4 hours ago, Hussain Al Sayed said:

Hi Daniel,

on my Wyse ThinClient Windows 8, RTOP 2.8 is installed and WorkSpaceApp 1909. do I have to using LTSR 2.4 ? What is the different in my case between RTOP 2.8 and 2.4 LTSR

Thanks,

You should be good with either if latest LTSR (2.4). You know the two braches we have: Current Release: 2.8 now and LTSR 2.4.3000 now.

You must update the VDA to be a recent one. The only issue I see with your Whyse client - it must support webRTC for this to work. 

3 hours ago, Hussain Al Sayed said:

As per the link provided for the Tech-Preview says;

With this preview of Workspace app version 19.5.0.132, you can offload the processing of audio, video and screensharing to the user’s device, which results in lower CPU, RAM, I/O and Bandwidth consumption in the virtual machine hosting the application.
Read more at https://www.citrix.com/downloads/citrix-virtual-apps-and-desktops/betas-and-tech-previews/citrix-hdx-preview-for-microsoft-teams.html#X9lJkqKqLRrjALzY.99

Does that mean the WorkSpaceApp 19.9.0.21 doesn't provide offloading Audio/Video and ScreenSharing processing from EndPoint devices to VDI machines..?

That was a tech preview but in order to activate that you would have had to be on a special release of Teams (sign up with Microsoft) to be able to actually make it work. 

All recent CWA's provide offloading - no need to worry there :) Just wait for the Teams release mid-December, have VDA up-to-date and CWA ----- sky is the limit....