Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Strange behavior with keyboard (not able to input or type) inside session Until...

Rodrigo Chaves Pimenta

Question

Hi everyone, we are facing with some weird behavior with our Mobile users (IOs / Android).

Win2016 7.15 LTSR CU4

- Publish Notepad or Desktop (session host) on VDA servers (win2016) 

- We can´t type any keys, keyboard just doesn´t work..  you type some character and nothing happens.

- Tried change keyboard configurations from mobile too.. no effects.

- mouse clicks works normally

Some things i´ve realized:

- Only occur with set of VDAs (MCS created), in other words, with gold image.

- No problems with a really few number of users (all of them are admins, our team)

- When i´m into the session (notepad app) and keyboard doesn´t works, when use Alt+TAB i dont see any other opened app, just notepad app.

- When i´m into the session (notepad app) and keyboard works, when i use Alt+TAB i see another app opened, (ICA Seamless Host Session Agent)

The last::

- While inside the session (notepad app) with a non function keyboard, I just get another user (that works) and stablish a ica connection (storefront) OR just make a simple RDP logon, AND.....

voilá!!!! Keyboard starts works like a charm for everyone on that session. And when a hit Alt+TAB i can see (ICA Seamless session host agent).

We´ve opened citrix case. But no progress yet.

Any suggestion, or indication to trobleshoot ? 

Thanks.

2 answers to this question

We´ve made some progress with this case:

I found that behavior have to do with (Region and Language) Keyboard Languages/Layout/Input languages that was setted up to default uses on golden image.. i guess.

Trying some settings and working on it do the trick.

When applied to all new users using the option "Copy Setting" on Administrative TAB at Region window.

I think there are some weird behaviors with Receiver Mobile and Keyboards and Languages. i´ve never had seen this before.

Where can i find documents about Keyboard and Languages with Xendesktop/multi session?