Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Cross-Platform server 2012 R2 to Server 2016

Jesse Mortimore

Question

We are in the process of migrate users from Server 2012 R2 using standard roaming profiles over to Server 2016 using Citrix Profile management. We need to have things like OST files, Google Chrome favorites, pinned icons... all the standard profile items. I do see where there is Cross-Platform settings within UPM but it does not appear to be doing anything. I am not seeing where Server 2012 R2 or Server 2016 are listed as supported operating systems in their documentation. Does anyone know if what we are trying to do is support or will work? We will be migrating several hundred users and I am really hoping that this will work for us. 

We are on 7.15 CU4 LTSR.

2 answers to this question

Salim, 

We are deploying through WEM so the screenshot will look a little different but we do in fact have the migration settings configured. 

image.thumb.png.c6322d757661df6d8b5462903919a5c8.png

The difference here is that we are going from server 2012 R over to Server 2016. These servers have different roaming profile versions and so I am wondering if this is going to cause an issue. This is why we selected the "Enable Cross-Platform settings"

image.thumb.png.4322e8e3f407ab97d1a3e09ea366dbf0.png

For some reason it is not pulling over the settings from the 2012 R2 into the 2016 server.