Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Disable session roaming XenApp 7.15CU3 for specific users or machines?

Chris George

Question

We recently upgraded from a XenApp 6.5 farm to a new XenApp 7.15CU3 farm. For a handful of users we had a GPO set to disable session roaming, however now that we have moved the farm, the GPO (Control when Citrix Receiver attempts to reconnect to existing sessions) is being ignored. From what I can see in documentation, this control has moved to 'Set-BrokerAppEntitlementPolicyRule'? However, from what I can see that rule applied to the entire Delivery Group. Ultimately I'd like to find a setting that allows me to exclude a user or group or even workstation from reconnecting to any active sessions. We have a few users who want multiple copies of a specific app to be open and not have any app roam.

Is there a way to accomplish this?

Thanks!

Chris

2 answers to this question

We recently upgraded from a XenApp 6.5 farm to a new XenApp 7.15CU3 farm. For a handful of users we had a GPO set to disable session roaming, however now that we have moved the farm, the GPO (Control when Citrix Receiver attempts to reconnect to existing sessions) is being ignored. From what I can see in documentation, this control has moved to 'Set-BrokerAppEntitlementPolicyRule'? However, from what I can see that rule applied to the entire Delivery Group. Ultimately I'd like to find a setting that allows me to exclude a user or group or even workstation from reconnecting to any active sessions. We have a few users who want multiple copies of a specific app to be open and not have any app roam.

Is there a way to accomplish this?

Thanks!

Chris