Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Start Menu Search on citrix desktop 7.15 ltsr CU4

Scott Crosby1709152956

Question

I have desktop sessions running on 2016 servers, the start menu is stable, meaning it loads correctly every time with the tiles being there and not blank, holding the start menu shortcut tiles, etc.  The issue Im having is searching, the search service is running as outlook is indexing and able to be searched, but if you try and search say a program like Excel in the start menu, no results are ever listed, its there I can see the icon, but search does not find it.  We are using UPM for profile management version 19.9.0.23001 the Desktop folder is being redirected their profile the start menu is not.  Im just seeing if there might be any suggestions for me to try, Ive tried reindexing, adding folder locations to the inexing options, different combinations of excluding, syncing and mirroring files, various permissions.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.  I know this a generic post regarding version and all and can get that info if needed, but Ive scoured the internet and cant find anything on this at all.  Thanks.

1 answer to this question