Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Restrict Licenses for Different Applications - Same Farm.

Anthony Harvey

Question

Hi

This is for Citrix Virtual Apps only.

I need to be able to separate licenses to different applications. I’ll try to explain better by the following example:

I have a license server with 100 licenses installed.

I have an application called App1

I have an application called App2

App1 can only use 25 licenses

App2 can only use 75 licenses.

Is there a way to restrict each application to a specific number of licenses (other than building 2 separate Citrix environments)?  Is there a Citrix install version that caters for this via some policy?

One last thing with Microsoft RDS per user cals – I read the following:

“RDS Per User CALs are not enforced by RD Licensing. As a result, client connections can occur regardless of the number of RDS Per User CALs installed on the license server.”

Therefore I can’t point specific vda’s to limited RDS per user licenses installed on a server (OU’s and GPO’s) to limit the number of connections this way then!!!!

2 answers to this question

Thanks for that - perhaps I should have added that there could be a collection of applications of which the combination there of would also have to be restricted to the number of citrix licenses.  So a few applications licensed to a specific group of users for a specific number of licenses.  Currently the only way I can think of doing this is with separate environments.