Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Compatibility issue of Workspace 1902 or later with ASUS graphics cards TWEAK GPU utility

Christoph Sinabell

Question

Hi,

This issue has been also reported on ASUS forums by other users and I can confirm it's perfectly reproducible. As soon as Receiver 1902 or later is installed (even with most recent version), the ASUS GPU Teak II Utility (last updated 13 Nov. 19) will crash with Exception Code 0xc000041d, regardless if Receiver is running or not. Removing Workspace or reverting back to Workspace 1811 fixes the issue and the ASUS utility app will start again without issues. The system is running latest NVIDIA drivers (441.20).

Regards

2 answers to this question

Some months ago, I had the same problem with Citrix Workspace 19.11.0.50 but could solve it by uninstalling Citrix Workspace, uninstalling ASUS GPU Tweak II, then installed ASUS GPU Tweak II again, made my settings and switched OSD off.

Then installed Citrix Workspace 19.11.0.50 again and both programs worked.

Today after changed my ASUS AMD Radeon R7 370 to an ASUS NVIDIA 1070, the problem reappeared - but even the mentioned way couldn't resolve this issue.

So I can either install ASUS GPU Tweak II (now on version 2.1.7.1 or CITRIX Workspace (used for home office purposes).

Application error from Windows event viewer:

Name der fehlerhaften Anwendung: GPUTweakII.exe, Version: 2.1.7.1, Zeitstempel: 0x5e4cd897
Name des fehlerhaften Moduls: TweakInterface.dll, Version: 1.2.0.9, Zeitstempel: 0x5e4a30d2
Ausnahmecode: 0xc000041d
Fehleroffset: 0x0002cf73
ID des fehlerhaften Prozesses: 0x1b68
Startzeit der fehlerhaften Anwendung: 0x01d610e622aab1d1
Pfad der fehlerhaften Anwendung: C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\GPU TweakII\GPUTweakII.exe
Pfad des fehlerhaften Moduls: C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\GPU TweakII\TweakInterface.dll
Berichtskennung: 80d3bfc6-2743-4693-8282-fc4556380cf4
Vollständiger Name des fehlerhaften Pakets:
Anwendungs-ID, die relativ zum fehlerhaften Paket ist:

Somebody has a solution for this issue ?

Edited by AchimsCitrixAccount
Application error addd

I found a solution that works for me:

It's possible to install Citrix Workspace as a non-administrative user:

https://docs.citrix.com/en-us/citrix-workspace-app-for-windows/install.html

So I created a  second, non-administrative user in Windows and installed Citrix Workspace.

This way, Citrix Workspace doesn't conflict with ASUS GPU Tweak II.

ASUS GPU Tweak II has to be run from an administrative user, so starting up ASUS GPU Tweak II under the non-administrative user, it asks for the credentials of the administrative user.

Both run in parallel, the Citrix Workspace (needed for Citrix VDA) on my desktop as non administrative user and GPU Tweak II in the background under my administrative user.