Welcome to our new Citrix community!

XenDesktp 7.15: VDI localization: Keyboard and Language Settings

Vikram Raole

Question

Hello Experts,

I am wondering how to define and deliver VDI keyboard and language settings for the users based on country location like UK / Germany / Netherlands / USA which will provide language and keyboard settings specific to country for ex. users in Germany should get language as German with German keyboard settings only.

Below are the quick details of our infrastructure;

Two delivery controllers (7.15 CU4 LTSR)

Two storefront servers (7.15 CU4)

License server

Desktop VDA: Windows 10 build 1809

There is a plan in place to roll out windows 10 1809 based static / MCS VDI's to the users however we are looking for options or approach using which user experience would be consistent and even simple for making administrative work as well?

Any thoughts on roll out plan would be really helpful. Also let me know if you need any specific information about our Citrix environment.

Regards,

Crackvik!!

2 answers to this question

On 11/18/2019 at 9:53 AM, Prasanna Seshadri said:

Hi Crackvik,

You could try enabling the local keyboard feature as mentioned here: https://docs.citrix.com/en-us/receiver/windows/4-9/improve.html. to ensure the client keyboard settings are applied in the session.

Regards,

S.Prasanna

Thanks Prasanna, Citrix receiver has an option which works well for keyboard sync based on user requirement however language setup changes randomly for user so i am looking for some global approach for setting language option for user via ICA session.