Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Need to Sync folders for users on Root of C:\

Ross Faverty1709158252

Question

We have an application called ProjectWise which is basically a cloud solution for project files & folders. The folder to which all the files and folders for a particular project are downloaded to is determined by the project owner. This means that the location to where data is downloaded is different depending on the project which is a serious hurdle at times for end users. 

Our users have started work on a new project where this folder is on the root of the C: drive. So when users log out each day all the data is wiped out and they have to reload all the project data each morning which can take 10-15mins at a time.

We need this folder to be part of the their profile so that the data in those folders remains persistent between sessions. 

Windows 10 1803

Citrix 7.15.4

Non-persistent desktops

MCS & PVS

Everything is AppLayered

UPM

Is this possible and/or if not, any recommended solutions? My research so far has yielded very little to nothing so far because the folder is on the root of the C: drive. 

3 answers to this question

On 11/16/2019 at 7:48 AM, Kasper Johansen1709159522 said:

Hi,

I don't know anything about ProjectWise, but it sounds like FSLogix App Maskin might be something worth looking at.

Here is a short video demo that show the FSLogix App Masking redirection feature, which might be the feature you need:
https://youtu.be/SHxDB0Apl6I

Thank you. Going to try Symbolic links first and failing that will try FSLogix. Thanks