Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Remove abandoned VM's/Cachepoints

Andy Berg

Question

I recently lost a few servers due to ransomware. I have rebuilt them from scratch and all is well. Unfortunately, the VM's and cachepoints that were living on these machines are long gone and have been rebuilt, so they are sitting as basically abandoned. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to delete them. When I try to it just sits there forever and never times out. It's trying to contact cachepoints that don't exist, to delete VM's that don't exist. Basically, my management page now has a stack of VM's that will never exist and I can't remove them. Help!

3 answers to this question

Unless I'm mistaken, you'll need access to Unidesk support tools to forcibly remove these orphaned desktops & cachepoints.  While support for Unidesk 2/3 has ended Citrix support may be able to provide you with a collection of support tools to be used at your own risk.  File was called "V2-V3-Support-Tools.zip".  Good luck!

On 11/15/2019 at 3:42 PM, Joe Sgherza said:

Unless I'm mistaken, you'll need access to Unidesk support tools to forcibly remove these orphaned desktops & cachepoints.  While support for Unidesk 2/3 has ended Citrix support may be able to provide you with a collection of support tools to be used at your own risk.  File was called "V2-V3-Support-Tools.zip".  Good luck!

Any idea where one may acquire these tools? all risks assumed by myself of course if I do use them. would be nice to tidy things up. if anyone can help, please message me!