Welcome to our new Citrix community!

eventid 1116 Printer auto-creation failure. Reason: AddPrinter() failed with status 0x7A

Seth Oedewaldt

Question

we have recently started receiving many reports of "no printer installed, would you like to install one" and investigation has shown this to typically happens for our users reconnecting to their sessions.  in the instances I've been able to capture it we can see that the printers indeed don't create however if I look in print management on the box the ports still exist.  The only error in the logs is below but doesn't explain why those printers aren't getting recreated.  I've tried re-createing with no luck and the other solutions on here around older versions of Xenapp either don't apply, patches or version specific files, or have not produced any results.  repeated reconnects can result in printers getting created but there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason.  anyone have any thoughts?

farm 

Xenapp 7.15 CU4

Reciever 4.9 CU4 or better, several versions tried I believe

Event Error

Printer auto-creation failure. Reason: AddPrinter() failed with status 0x7A.  Client name: (workstation)  Printer name: (printer (from workstation) in session 70)  Port name: (Client:70:printer)  Driver name: (CITRIX UNIVERSAL PRINTER)  Print processor: (Citrix Print Processor)  

we have these policies defined

auto create client printers

auto create all client printers

automatic installation of in box print drivers

disabled

printer auto creation event log preference

log errors only

printer properties retention

do not retain printer properties

universal print driver usage

default: use universal printing only if requested driver is unavailable

4 answers to this question

I may try that as a test once we have some test workstations but that isn't a viable long term solution as several of our applications require all their printers for secure printing of prescriptions and and other functions that one printer or even a few installed locally wouldn't satisfy.  we are going to gather a CDF Trace once get the test stations setup or the client can find a user willing to take the time to work with us.