Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Windows Server 2019 with ReFS as Filesystem

Juumlrgen Muumlller

Question

Hi all,

we have a problem with ReFS and vDisk Versions. We use the latest PVS Version (1909) with Microsoft Windows Server 2019 as PVS Server. vDisks are located as local Partion D:\ on PVS-Server. The filesystem is ReFS. If you import a new vDisk there is no problem. We can create new vDisk Versions, promote and revert them. But if we merge the first time (Base+Versions) to a new base. Then we only can create one new vDisk Version but if you want to revert we get an error.

We have opened a Citrix Support Case - but no solution yet. Does anybody have the same Issue?

Errors attached....

Best regards

Juergen

Revert-Error.png

Edited by jmller546
Upload Error (Screenshot)

8 answers to this question

Same for me (on Windows Server 2019 w/ PVS 1906) with a slightly different error message. Citrix Support had us test a private fix for vhdutil.dll which did not cure the problem. As we had to make some progress in our project, we weren´t able to spend more time on this and (at least temporarily) moved to NTFS as a workaround. Since the vDisks are stored on NTFS, we didn´t encounter the issue anymore.

PVS.jpg

On 11/13/2019 at 4:08 PM, Tim Themann said:

Same for me (on Windows Server 2019 w/ PVS 1906) with a slightly different error message. Citrix Support had us test a private fix for vhdutil.dll which did not cure the problem. As we had to make some progress in our project, we weren´t able to spend more time on this and (at least temporarily) moved to NTFS as a workaround. Since the vDisks are stored on NTFS, we didn´t encounter the issue anymore.

PVS.jpg

Hey guys, any news on this one?

Just built a new environment with PVS 1909 on WS2016 on ReFS and I'm encountering the same issue.

Seems like ReFS is randomly crashing vDisks. Target Devices won't boot any more (Cannot access vDisk (a)) and merging is failing with the error above.