Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Summertime error

Andre Ferreira

Question

Hi,

I've updated my XenServer to Xen 8.0, and detected that Xen enabled Summertime. The problem is that Brazil abolished Summer time in February 2019, so XenServer should not have entered in Summer time. I’ve tried to link /etc/localtime with /usr/share/zoneinfo/Brazil/East and with /usr/share/zoneinfo/America/Sao_Paulo (the two which are applicable), but both have the same problem.

So, I need help with two things:

-          The timezone file is obviously wrong. How do I report this properly?

-          How do I fix this (disable summertime) until a patch corrects the timezone file?

Tks,

Roberto

4 answers to this question

I would probably try to find tzdata files either online or from a CentOS download and update those files manually.

I have tried using Yum  before for updating such things but so far no luck. But I will admit I don't know what I'm

doing.  I'm just assuming Citrix has some private repository for such things.

--Alan--

6 hours ago, Tobias Kreidl said:

Probably the best is to sync to NTP and let it do the work for you:

https://support.citrix.com/article/CTX121278

-=Tobias

Tobias, all my servers, physical and VM's, are synced to NTP. The problem, in this case, is the timezone file, making the Xen servers (and only the Xen servers) to show the time with a one hour error. The curious part is that I have a few Centos servers (as far as I know, Citrix Xen are based on CentOS), and those CentOS server are showing the correct time.

Roberto

18 hours ago, Alan Lantz said:

I would probably try to find tzdata files either online or from a CentOS download and update those files manually.

I have tried using Yum  before for updating such things but so far no luck. But I will admit I don't know what I'm

doing.  I'm just assuming Citrix has some private repository for such things.

--Alan--

I ended up doing that. I have a couple CentOS VMs and copied the TZ file from one of them.

Tks,

Roberto