Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Stop MS Teams loading?

Andy White1709154166

Question

6 answers to this question

If you are using O365 on the VDA I assume it got installed with the Office Deployment Tool and a customization.xml file. 
You should exclude the Teams and or OneDrive from installing via the installer - it install by default if not. 

Its done with the Exclude app ID parameter in the config file before installing. : 

Teams: 

<ExcludeApp ID="Teams"/>

OneDrive (old and new client)

<ExcludeApp ID="Groove"/>
<ExcludeApp ID="OneDrive"/>

You can also use the XML config tool to generate your needed xml file, it can be found here: 
https://config.office.com/

If Teams it is already installed - it will be installed in each users profile folder in appdata\local
So you need to get it removed from there pr user via script or similar. 

the uninstall command pr user is usually: 

"%localappdata%\Microsoft\Teams\Update.exe" --uninstall -s

There is a new ADMX template to help stop teams launching for new profiles

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/deployoffice/teams-install#use-group-policy-to-prevent-microsoft-teams-from-starting-automatically-after-installation

or if its already been launched you can just kill this key (its gets written at first launch)

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\com.squirrel.Teams.Teams

Bye bye teams auto launch

Hi Guys,

I have tried the above to no avail.  Deleted the reg file HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\com.squirrel.Teams.Teams,  logged off and back in and still MS Teams launched. 

I have installed the Microsoft Suite via the XML file, the goal here is to stop teams from auto launching.

Regards,

Ketan

14 minutes ago, Ketan Soni said:

Hi Guys,

I have tried the above to no avail.  Deleted the reg file HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\com.squirrel.Teams.Teams,  logged off and back in and still MS Teams launched. 

I have installed the Microsoft Suite via the XML file, the goal here is to stop teams from auto launching.

Regards,

Ketan

Have a look on this path for an extra Teams run value: 

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run