Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Client Drive Mapping - Citrix Policy Issue with double Hop Sceanrio

Tobias Zurstegen1709160798

Question

Hello Together!

Maybe someone have an idea how I can solve this scenario.

We use a XenApp 7.15 published Desktop where all user shouldn't have the rights to map there local Client Drive. For this we disabled all Client Drive Mapping options per Citrix policy. The users starts only the shared published Desktop and from the desktop the users should be able start a published application in an other Citrix environment, which is not management from my site, to access form the published Application to the network drive in the Desktop session. At the site of the published Application the permissions to allow the network client drive mapping are defined. The problem is, if we disallow the client drive mapping on the published Desktop site per Policy I can't map the network drive which is directly mapped in the Desktop session to the second application session.

We couldn't allow the client drive mapping at the published Desktop, because then the user can access to the network drives in the Citrix Desktop session which are mapped on the Endpoint.

To disable the client drive mapping on the Endpoint site isn't an option for us, because we need to have the option to allow the USB drive mapping for some users, which are in a specific Active Directory group.

Thanks for any idea!

1 answer to this question

On 11/8/2019 at 5:08 PM, Tobias Zurstegen1709160798 said:

Hello Together!

Maybe someone have an idea how I can solve this scenario.

We use a XenApp 7.15 published Desktop where all user shouldn't have the rights to map there local Client Drive. For this we disabled all Client Drive Mapping options per Citrix policy. The users starts only the shared published Desktop and from the desktop the users should be able start a published application in an other Citrix environment, which is not management from my site, to access form the published Application to the network drive in the Desktop session. At the site of the published Application the permissions to allow the network client drive mapping are defined. The problem is, if we disallow the client drive mapping on the published Desktop site per Policy I can't map the network drive which is directly mapped in the Desktop session to the second application session.

We couldn't allow the client drive mapping at the published Desktop, because then the user can access to the network drives in the Citrix Desktop session which are mapped on the Endpoint.

To disable the client drive mapping on the Endpoint site isn't an option for us, because we need to have the option to allow the USB drive mapping for some users, which are in a specific Active Directory group. 

Thanks for any idea! 

Hi! 

Im not completely sure on the senario. But its possible to have a restrictive policy like unfiltered in Citrix policys at the bottom, and with a higher priority add another policy for example a group that has another setting applied for the same policy setting. (allow client drive mapping, and filter it on the group). 

again sorry, didn´t understand the full scenario.

Regards.