Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Event ID 1039 and 1116

Nick Casagrande1709152718

Question

10 answers to this question

OMG, what a disaster this has been, here's my case# - 79522603.  Short answer no.  Long answer, pica is crashing during logoff causing the DDC to not issue a shutdown / reboot to the hypervisor.  They've done tons of log analysis I've been providing but still really don't know.  I believe my engineer is now going to contact MS as they had some memory dumps whereas the could not identify some things.  To save my sanity, I have a PS script to restart all vm's at night so users can login without bothering me.  It's a very random issue, sometimes pica crashes, sometimes it doesn't.  these are pooled random w10 1809 vm's.  

Also experiencing the same issue.  Just randomly appeared in the last ~3 weeks here. 

1912CU1 infrastructure with some 7.15CU4 VDAs left. 

Seeing in quick succession on the DDC's.. Event ID 1039, then Event ID 1116, then Event ID 3012.  Then I get event ID 3012 mentioning the host problems. 

Not sure what else to do with this issue. 

I have got same issue for CVAD 1912 CU4. Raised with Citrix support as they suggested to updated from Cu3 to Cu4 which i did and still the same issue. Random VDAs seems to reboot causing users to disconnect from their session. Have to reboot the server so it comes back and users can start connecting.

Looks like most of us are getting similar issue. Anyone figured out on their environment?

On 4/3/2020 at 6:01 PM, Nick Casagrande1709152718 said:

OMG, what a disaster this has been, here's my case# - 79522603.  Short answer no.  Long answer, pica is crashing during logoff causing the DDC to not issue a shutdown / reboot to the hypervisor.  They've done tons of log analysis I've been providing but still really don't know.  I believe my engineer is now going to contact MS as they had some memory dumps whereas the could not identify some things.  To save my sanity, I have a PS script to restart all vm's at night so users can login without bothering me.  It's a very random issue, sometimes pica crashes, sometimes it doesn't.  these are pooled random w10 1809 vm's.  

Nick,

Over 2 years of dealing with this and no answer or fix? I am getting the same response of "please contact MS". MS says it is a Citrix issue. 

Are you still just rebooting machines every night as a work around?