Welcome to our new Citrix community!

PS Script request: Citrix 7.15 full backup and restore. In Older Citrix versions we have MedEvac tool. I am looking for a similar.

Satya Mandavalli1709161277

Question

PS Script request: Citrix 7.15 full backup and restore.
Citrix XenApp XenDesktop 7.15 Site will be decommissioned. As per the process, we have to take a backup of all components.
If I take only SQL DataBase backup, I can restore only the Site, Login and Monitor DB's (if required).
But I can't restore the same "Machine Catalogs, Delivery Groups, and Apps/HSD/VDI" setup in Studio.
To take a full Studio configuration backup and Restore, do we have any PowerShell Script? If yes, please share.
In Older Citrix versions we have MedEvac tool. I am looking for a similar.

I didn't see any scripts, which will provide full studio Backup and Restore.

I doubt Once I restore "Site, Monitor and Loggin DB" in the new SQL server, Shall I get all old Studio configurations?
Including Machine Catalogs, Delivery Groups, Citrix Policies (Studio configured Policies), Zones, Host configurations, So on.

Please Suggest.

3 answers to this question

I can backup SQL Database (Citrix DataStore), Citrix Management VMs " DDC, SF, License and SQL Servers" Backup. 

I can't backup Logical Components Like "machine catalogs, delivery groups, Citrix Policies and Apps/HSD/VDI" which are part of DataBase parameters.

If I restore Citrix Management VMs " DDC, SF, License and SQL Servers" and SQL Database from Backup, can I get the Same "machine catalogs, delivery groups, Citrix Policies, and Apps/HSD/VDI"?

Is there any sync required with other components? Like Active Directory, SCCM , GPO's so on??