Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Unexpected scheduled reboot at Sunday 27th 00:00

Christoph Sinabell

Question

Hi all,

We have been experiencing an unexpected scheduled reboot today (Sunday the 27th) at a few minutes past 00:00 for all our customers running XenApp 7.15 with CU2 or higher. When executing Get-BrokerRebootCycle we can see that all reboot schedules have been executed at the same time regardless of day, date, time and tag.

All customers in our region are about to change from CEST to CET today.

Regards

5 answers to this question

Hi,

It's almost certainly a bug. We also have a customer which reboots every Friday at 03:00 AM in the morning and has been doing so since we have the customer. Yet although the last reboot was on Friday the 25th as planned the system rebooted all VDAs again all at the same time at Sunday the 27th shortly after 00:00 as visible in the Get-BrokerRebootCycle cmdlet. Since there is only one reboot schedule defined and it's set to Friday it can only be a bug. Additional the gap between Friday and Sunday cannot be explained by any timezone misconfiguration on our end.

I opened case SR#79286252 for your reference and will update this post with the findings.

Regards

I want to add. It might be possible that this has been happening since we applied CU1 or later but went unnoticed as the last reboot during a daylight time change wasn't picked up by monitoring as it won't alert immediately and if the host is back fast enough no one will note unless the customer opens a ticket. However this time one of the host for customer A) got stuck on reboot, this is how we noticed it and for customer B) we have dramatically increased the number of XA 7.15 VDAs falling under scheduled reboots.

We have not seen any problems for VDAs not targeted by any scheduled reboots.

Edit.: Forget CU1. We also see that the same happend to an additional customer without any CU installed but also 7.15

My colleague just informed me, that another customer did the unexpected reboot. He got woken up this morning because one of the hosts hung at boot. The original scheduled reboot is weekly, every Wednesday at 00:45 AM in the morning (last reboot 23rd), yet the hosts executed the schedule again on Monday the 28th at 00:14 AM as listed by Get-BrokerRebootCycle. This customer is already running on 7.15 CU5 for DDCs and VDAs.