Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Workings internally but not externally

Tom Wrigglesworth

Question

Hello all :)

Still finding my feet with Citrix so if it's a daft questions with a quick fix, then cracking stuff.

I've created 2 delivery groups and 2 machine catalogs. 1 is for a terminal server (Server 2019) and the other is for an application (Firefox running on a different Server 2019)

I can get access to both the desktop and the app when I am working within my lab's network but when I access the StoreFront from my home, I can sign in and see the links to select. I click on them and it looks as if they're getting stopped by my firewall (pfSense VM).

451645335_LoadingFirefox.thumb.PNG.686d2b25403337ed08ce056151190ed8.PNG

I've added the ports to allow the traffic through but the connection just times out at my house.

1780576610_Loadingerror.thumb.PNG.e7130dce9b7bfc70b4e33460f2c6de87.PNG

Any ideas as to how this can be solved?

12 answers to this question

2 hours ago, Tom Wrigglesworth said:

Hello all :)

Still finding my feet with Citrix so if it's a daft questions with a quick fix, then cracking stuff.

I've created 2 delivery groups and 2 machine catalogs. 1 is for a terminal server (Server 2019) and the other is for an application (Firefox running on a different Server 2019)

I can get access to both the desktop and the app when I am working within my lab's network but when I access the StoreFront from my home, I can sign in and see the links to select. I click on them and it looks as if they're getting stopped by my firewall (pfSense VM).

451645335_LoadingFirefox.thumb.PNG.686d2b25403337ed08ce056151190ed8.PNG

I've added the ports to allow the traffic through but the connection just times out at my house.

1780576610_Loadingerror.thumb.PNG.e7130dce9b7bfc70b4e33460f2c6de87.PNG

Any ideas as to how this can be solved?

Have you opened the ports in pfsense in a bidirectional way?

On 10/19/2019 at 3:46 PM, Carl Stalhood1709151912 said:

You'll need a Citrix ADC appliance. The free appliance no longer includes Gateway, so you'll need an eval or paid appliance.

Then see https://www.carlstalhood.com/netscaler-menu/citrix-adc-13/ for configuration info. At a minimum, you'll need System, Authentication, and ICA Proxy.

Hi all, thanks for the input.

I have downloaded and installed Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops, I would have though that I would be able to access the applications and desktops externally from the StoreFront - so I need to get a citrix gateway setup to allow me to be able to access my applications from other networks?

Still learning about the features so sorry if that seems a little dippy.

8 hours ago, Carl Stalhood1709151912 said:

A VPN would also work.

It's too bad Citrix doesn't have a free Gateway option. But the cheapest Gateway-only appliance is $995.

So I understand this, the only way to have it so I can access the apps and desktops from storefront, from machines not in my LAN is to setup a VPN (wil a Windows VPN do?) or install a gateway, true?