Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Remote SSL Peer sent a handshake failure alert on Mac using Rappel Mac OS Catalina

Jonathan Siddall

Question

When i login to Rappel, i download the ica file.

open the file, and get 

Remote SSL Peer sent a handshake failure alert

This has worked fine until i upgraded to Mac OS Catalina 10.15

I downloaded the latest version of Citrix workspace 19.10.0.18 which claims to work with Catalina

Appears to be receiver issue, used Citrix workspace 19.10.0.18 on Mojave, same issue. Older version working on Mojave but cant use the older version on Catalina :(

I really need this working asap for my Fire Service hours

Screenshot 2019-10-11 at 13.15.07.png

Screenshot 2019-10-11 at 13.15.23.png

Edited by siddallj
did some testing

17 answers to this question

I am also having the same problem. After updating to the Catalina compliant version of Citrix Workspace I got a trusted certificate error then another update was published 19.10.2.41 (1910). I installed that and now get the Handshake error. I expected issues with Catalina but it will be good to get them solved.

• Like 2
On 10/19/2019 at 10:59 PM, Stephen Welch said:

I am also having the same problem. After updating to the Catalina compliant version of Citrix Workspace I got a trusted certificate error then another update was published 19.10.2.41 (1910). I installed that and now get the Handshake error. I expected issues with Catalina but it will be good to get them solved.

I am having the exact same problem with a very similar timeline.

I'm having the same problem described above and have telephoned both my employer and Apple to find a solution without success.

It should be noted that the latest version of Citrix Workplace works on my iPad - which is running Apple's latest operating system for iPads, namely, iPadOS 13.1.13 - but not my MacBook Pro - which is running macOS Catalina 10.15. Like others, the problem in question started when I downloaded Catalina.

Hello

I'm having the same problems as you all, Mac with Catalina 10.15.1 and Citrix Workspace 19.10.0.27: getting the handshake error. Don't know how to resolve this one.

However, it is possible to establish a connection via Chrome (installed the Citrix Workspace within). See Chrome webstore apps.

So we had the same issue and tried a bunch of different things....in the end the following worked for us:

- Removed Citrix Workspace app 

- Installed most current version of Citrix Workspace app

From the Citrix Workspace app, under preferences --> security and privacy .... we clicked on Restore defaults. 

That solved the issue.

-DK

Screen Shot 2020-02-10 at 1.59.53 PM.png