Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Cannot start "Browsername" message while starting appv package

Martin Stratmann

Question

Hello,

first of all I want to apologize if I opend this post in the wrong topic.  

I recently dived in to publish applications with Appv. After some problems in the beginng I´ve got now some applications up and running via Appv within a VM with VDA. But I´m still facing an issue providing the application as "published app" within Citrix Receiver AKA Workspace App. After staring the app I notice an error message "can not start application "browsername" as "browsername" is surely the application name I want to publish...

On the terminal server I checked the eventlog and got an Error (event ID 10) from Microsoft-AppV-Client/Admin that says 

The access to the client was denied. The caller didn't have required permission for this operation.

With that message I´ve added my test user to local admin group on that server and voila, the application starts without any issue. So I´m wondering what permission does the user need, because I don´t want to add all users who need to start appv packages to the local admin group :-).

I´ve checked NTFS persmissions on CTXappvlauncher.exe and AppVStreamingUX.exe and in both cases the users got read / execution. I´ve spent the last two days to research with my little friend Dr. Google but I didn´t find anything what fixed the issue.

So I would appreciate your assistance.

Regards

Martin 

2 answers to this question

Hi, 

thanks for your reply. The solution to my issue was quite simple. We didn´t install App-V as part of VDA because we enabled CtxAppVLauncher.exe in c:\windows\system32 via powershell in the past. After installing App-V as part of the current VDA the App-V package as published application runs perfect.

Regards