Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Add New VLAN to existing XD hosting Connection

Uddave Jajoo1709153650

Question

Hello,

We are currently running with PVS 7.15 CU2 LTSR and XenDesktop 7.15 CU 2LTSR using VMware vSphere 6.5 U3.

We currently have around 100 servers provisioned using XDSW in PVS console. We need to change the VLANs on all the servers we have created. The new VLAN is added to the hosts cluster and is available.
The existing hosting connection in studio does not contains the new VLAN and I need to update my connection to only utilize the new VLANs.
Is there any possible way to update the existing hosting connection to add the new VLAN so that it shows up while provisioning new VMs using XDSW.
As in the XDSW it utilizes studio hosting connection only to display the list of VLANs.
I also can create new hosting connection in studio using the new VLANs, but then I will have to create the new machine catalogs and machines with that new VLAN assigned to VMs, I do not want to go that route of provisioning all 100 VMs again so was looking for some quick alternative to add the new VLAN to existing hosting connection and then update the VLAN individually on those 100 machines to point to the new VLAN.

Appreciate your assistance and guidance in this regard.

1 answer to this question