Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Publish IPv6 and IPv4 Apps, what is required?

tylital520

Question

Hi,

we're using Virtual Apps and Desktops 1906 with ADC VPX and our users need to be able to launch an app or desktop and connect to services running on IPv6. Our current setup is pure IPv4 and I am wondering what are the changes I need to make in order to make this possible. I found the following article which is showing a dual-stack deployment which is our goal: https://docs.citrix.com/en-us/xenapp-and-xendesktop/7-15-ltsr/manage-deployment/ipv6.html

The article doesn't go into details about the required steps thought. But based on that picture I understand that need to make the following changes:

Both IPv4 and IPv6 enabled:

• Domain Controllers
  • License Server (This is running on Delivery Controller on our setup)
  • StoreFront Servers
  • Delivery Controllers
  • NetScaler/ADC VPX (does this mean SNIP? Our end users will still connect netscaler with IPv4)
  • ESXi

IPv6 only:

• Citrix Database server

How about the server which is storing our user profiles? It should have both IPv4 and IPv6 addresses?

What I also don't understand is Citrix Studio and Citrix Director in that picture. Why are they shown as IPv6 only? How about the ADC VPX configuration; what changes are required on ADC side?

Has someone done this and could give more information about the required steps that need to be taken in order to make this work?

3 answers to this question