Updated Privacy Statement

WEM Database Upgrade wont work

Sascha Matter1709156668

Question

Hi

We trying to upgrade our WEM environment from 1811 to the new 1909 version. The installation works without a problem, but when we try to upgrade the Database we always get an error message. 

After I checked the log, I found the following problem:

17:32:44 Event -> ProgressCalculator`1.LogProgress() : InitialConnection
17:32:44 Event -> ProgressCalculator`1.LogProgress() : DbCheck
17:32:44 Event -> ProgressCalculator`1.LogProgress() : DbAppTableCheck
17:32:44 Event -> ProgressCalculator`1.LogProgress() : SitesLoad
17:32:44 Event -> ProgressCalculator`1.LogProgress() : ConfigurationSettingsLoad
17:32:44 Event -> ProgressCalculator`1.LogProgress() : DatabaseUpgrade
17:32:44 Event -> DbUpgradeRequestExecutor.() : Processing WEM On-Premise Database Upgrade Upgrade...
17:32:44 Event -> DbUpgradeRequestExecutor.() : Processing Update database from version 1811.0.1.1 to version 1812.0.1.1 Upgrade...
17:32:44 Event -> DbUpgradeRequestExecutor.() : Processing Add new column in VUEMSites Table on DB Upgrade...
17:32:44 Event -> DbUpgradeRequestExecutor.() : Processing Create ExternalServices Table on DB Upgrade...
17:32:44 Event -> DbUpgradeRequestExecutor.() : Processing Create GroupPolicyGlobalSetting Table on DB Upgrade...
17:32:44 Event -> DbUpgradeRequestExecutor.() : Processing Create GroupPolicyObjects Table on DB Upgrade...
17:32:44 Event -> DbUpgradeRequestExecutor.() : Processing Create GroupPolicyRegOperations Table on DB Upgrade...
17:32:44 Event -> DbUpgradeRequestExecutor.() : Processing Create GroupPolicyAssignments Table on DB Upgrade...
17:32:44 Event -> DbUpgradeRequestExecutor.() : Processing Create VUEMAgentExtras Table on DB Upgrade...
17:32:44 Event -> DbUpgradeRequestExecutor.() : Processing Add ProfileContainer UPM settings on DB Upgrade...
17:32:44 Event -> DbUpgradeRequestExecutor.() : Processing Add a feature toggle for ProfileContainer Upgrade...
17:32:44 Event -> DbUpgradeRequestExecutor.() : Processing Add a record in VUEMAgentSettings Upgrade...
17:32:44 Event -> DbUpgradeRequestExecutor.() : Processing Add a feature toggle for UseXenMobileSiteForAgents Upgrade...
17:32:44 Event -> DbUpgradeRequestExecutor.() : Processing Upgrade stored procedures: GetStatisticalData Upgrade...
17:32:44 Event -> DbUpgradeRequestExecutor.() : Processing Delete Initial table:VUEMAssignedActionsGroups in previous db Upgrade...
17:32:44 Event -> DbUpgradeRequestExecutor.() : Processing Delete Initial table:VUEMActionsGroups in previous db Upgrade...
17:32:44 Event -> DbUpgradeRequestExecutor.() : Processing Create Action Groups Table on DB Upgrade...
17:32:44 Event -> DbUpgradeRequestExecutor.() : Processing Create Action Groups Templates Table on DB Upgrade...
17:32:44 Event -> DbUpgradeRequestExecutor.() : Processing Create Assigned Action Groups Table on DB Upgrade...
17:32:44 Event -> DbUpgradeRequestExecutor.() : Processing Create Assigned Action Groups Properties Table on DB Upgrade...
17:32:44 Event -> DbUpgradeRequestExecutor.() : Processing Enable Action Group Feature Toggle Upgrade...
17:32:44 Event -> DbUpgradeRequestExecutor.() : Processing Upgrade stored procedures. Upgrade...
17:32:44 Exception -> DbUpgradeRequestExecutor.Execute() : There is already an object named 'GetVuemUserAssignedActionGroupsList' in the database.

Anybody an idea how I can fix this?

Regards,

Sascha

7 answers to this question

I don't know how to fix it, but I know that I have had issues when skipping versions (and others haven't) during upgrades. If you can roll back and upgrade the Infrastructure server to each release and do a DB upgrade at each step, you will probably be able to get upgraded.  (Of course, I could be way off base here too.)

Then after writing all of the above, I read your error message too, and possibly you could edit the upgrade script and remove the line that attempts to add that object to the DB since it appears to already exist? But I can't find that in any scripts in the version I have...

I see that in my Database as a Stored Procedure, so (assuming you have a good backup) you could potentially try to remove that SP from the DB and try the upgrade again, since it appears to be trying to recreate it. 

• Like 1

I don't know why that works either, but I'm glad it worked for you too. I found a few articles about it in the past and it worked for them and it worked for me, and it isn't supposed to need to be done that way. I try to keep up to latest release from then on too, so I don't have to do multiple upgrades at once.