Welcome to our new Citrix community!

VDA 1909 installation error 1603 with VdaMonitorPlugin_x64.msi

Thorsten Kruumlger

Question

The following error occurs when updating VDA 1906 to 1909 on Windows 10 1903 german:

Installation of MSI file 'VdaMonitorPlugin_x64.msi' failed with error code 'InstallFailure' (1603).

Product: Citrix Monitoring Service VDA Plug-In -- Error 1721: Problem with this Windows Installer package. A program required to complete the installation could not be run. Contact support or the manufacturer of the package. Action: CompileResourceUtilizationMOF, path: C:\Program Files\Citrix\Virtual Desktop Agent\, command: mofcomp.exe "Citrix_ResourceUtilization.mof".

I also ran the VDA cleanup utility and ran the installation again. I get the same error!

Does anyone have this problem and a solution?

Thank you, Thorsten.

XenDesktop Installation.log

3 answers to this question

On 9/24/2019 at 7:05 PM, Thorsten Kruumlger said:

The following error occurs when updating VDA 1906 to 1909 on Windows 10 1903 german:

Installation of MSI file 'VdaMonitorPlugin_x64.msi' failed with error code 'InstallFailure' (1603).

Product: Citrix Monitoring Service VDA Plug-In -- Error 1721: Problem with this Windows Installer package. A program required to complete the installation could not be run. Contact support or the manufacturer of the package. Action: CompileResourceUtilizationMOF, path: C:\Program Files\Citrix\Virtual Desktop Agent\, command: mofcomp.exe "Citrix_ResourceUtilization.mof".

I also ran the VDA cleanup utility and ran the installation again. I get the same error!

Does anyone have this problem and a solution?

Thank you, Thorsten.

XenDesktop Installation.log 108.48 kB · 1 download

Verify that Windows Installer services is started and running.

Try to run the setup in Compatibility mode using following steps.

1. Right-click on the setup file of the program and select "Properties".    

2. Select "Compatibility" Tab.  

3. Place a check mark next to "Run this program in Compatibility mode" and select Windows 10  from the drop down list.  

4. Let the program install and then check the functionality 

If didn’t worked then try following steps.

The Windows Installer program must be re-registered for functionality:

Click Start, click Run, type MSIEXEC /UNREGISTER, and then click OK. Even if you do this correctly, it may look like nothing occurs.

Click Start, click Run, type MSIEXEC /REGSERVER, and then click OK. Even if you do this correctly, it may look like nothing occurs, or you may briefly see an hourglass.

Try the installation once more.

Regards,

Akshay

Citrix Xendesktop VDI Expert

I'm in the process to upgrading our Citrix XenDesktop LTSR 1912, and I have the same problem.

At first, I tried to upgrade the VDA of a 2012R2 server from 7.12 to 1912CU1, I got an error regarding the uninstallation of “Plugin Citrix Monitor Service VDA” with the error 1603. I tried to remove the VDA from the control panel and had the same result. So, I used VDA Cleanup Utility and everything is removed fine.

After a couple of reboots, I tried again to install the VDA and I still have the previous result, an error 1603 showing in the result log of the installation.

The msi log of VdaMonitorPlugin_x64 is showing the same as Thorsten Krüger: Error 1721: Problem with this Windows Installer package.

The problem is the same with version 2004 of the VDA.