Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Another Way To Deploy App-V 5.1?

Kevin Mahoney1709161006

Question

Hi All,

I'm hoping someone can shed some light on my situation. I was asked to deploy apps within our Citrix 7.15 CU4 infrastructure. I went about creating a network share, App-v Publishing & Management server. I sequenced a simple app and was able to launch the app from within our non-persistent vdi setup after adding the app to Studio. At this point I thought I was doing pretty good. I was recently told they don't want the app launching within the OS because it is taking away from the resources on the VDI which upon launch is sitting at 80-85%. I think this is really high but that's another conversation. Is there another method of streaming App-V apps to the VDI which won't impact the ram/cpu? Any help is greatly appreciated, almost at my wits end.

3 answers to this question

Hi,

As per the docs, there are only two deployment methods. One is using AppV servers [Managemnet and Publishing server] - Dual Admin and the other is using the  Network share - Single Admin. You can use one or both management methods.

In case you want to customize the sequenced packages after they are deployed without the need for re-packaging can be achieved by supplying a configuration file – deployment configuration file.

• Like 2