Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Citrix License server Migration - same hostname

Jeffrey Smith1709155437

Question

Hey gang: 

We currently have one Citrix License Server running Windows 2012 R2 ( Citrix Licensing: 11.15.0.0 build 26000 ). 

I have a new VM with Windows Server 2016. 

We use Citrix Virtual Apps (v7.15 LTSR CU4) - Advanced primarily to deliver access to our EMR. So, outages and the like are not desirable. 

I'm hoping to swap the current hostname and IP Address to the new server after taking a snapshot of the old giving it a temporary name and dhcp. 

Is there any shortcut to downloading and re-installing all my license files from the website? 

Any other things to be aware of? Again, hoping for a seamless transition that the customers will not even notice. 

Thanks in advance!

Jeffrey

2 answers to this question

You could build a new license server with a new name, reallocate your licenses to the new server, and then point your farm to the new server.

Otherwise, the new server's name must be identical (case sensitive). The new license server's certificate will probably be different. You can can either update the license connection (trust certificate) in your farm's Studio, or you can copy the certificate files from the old license server.