Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Unable to change session profile, error: d.indexOf is not a function

Erik van den Berg

If i try to change the session profile in citrix gateway 13 NS13.0 41.20.nc i get the following error in the management interface.

d.indexOf is not a function - in Chrome and Firefox

Object doesn't support property or method 'indexOf' - in IE11

I tried using chrome, firefox and internet explorer all with the same result on multiple machines.

If I add a session profile based on the current, screen stays white and endless loop.

If I make a new empty test profile it gets added but if i try to edit it same result as wizard created one.

Tried developer option in ie to change ie mode none work.

Was installed as 13.0 Build 36.27 vmware appliance and then upgraded to NS13.0 41.20.nc.

Default install in HA mode and used xenapp wizard to configure.

Any ideas what this could be and more importantly how to get it to work.

Added:

I changed the property from command line and this does work so it seems a web interface only problem.

Edited by nenkmc
New information

2 minutes ago, Michel Heuvink said:

Just now, Michel Heuvink said:

Besides the GUI error it also broke my SSO to Clientless Access resources. So i'm guessing there might be more to it than just the GUI error. Or something else has changed which i have overlooked in the release notes :2_grimacing:

So you aren't able to SSO to those resources any longer? I'm about to use this new MPX in production in a few days. I feel like I need to roll back. :(

5 minutes ago, Tiffanny Renrick1709159914 said:

So you aren't able to SSO to those resources any longer? I'm about to use this new MPX in production in a few days. I feel like I need to roll back. :(

No, not after upgrading to te latest 13.0 release. Maybe there is a way to fix it but i don't have a goof feeling about it so i went for version 13 36.27 where my Clientless SSO does work and the GUI session error does not appear. Unfortunately in that version i am not able to add more than 1 device for OTP authentication :49_triumph:. Sometimes i feel like a paying Citrix beta tester.

11 minutes ago, Michel Heuvink said:

No, not after upgrading to te latest 13.0 release. Maybe there is a way to fix it but i don't have a goof feeling about it so i went for version 13 36.27 where my Clientless SSO does work and the GUI session error does not appear. Unfortunately in that version i am not able to add more than 1 device for OTP authentication :49_triumph:. Sometimes i feel like a paying Citrix beta tester.

Gotcha!! Yeah I think I'm going to go back to 13 36.27 as well. I feel like this had to be an issue for them before they released it. Can't be just us!! It is so annoying when it is released with that an obvious bug.

29 minutes ago, Roman Medvedev said:

A similar problem after switching to 13 41.20. ( Has someone already written to support? )

On twitter i read the following:

"With #Citrix #ADC 13.0 Build 41.20 Session Profiles cannot be edited and appear empty over GUI. Citrix already confirmed this bug."

It seems they know now.

Got a support ticket and here is the answer I got:

Thanks for your mail.

Yes I have replicated the issue and it’s a known bug on the build.

Currently there is no fix for the same and workaround  is to configure the session policy through CLI.

New refresh build for 13.0.41.x is due in October and the fix for the issue will be in that build.

Same issue here. Really getting fed up with all the "surprises" I get every time I upgrade my Citrix environment. I have been working with Citrix since the days of WinFrame (yeah I know, I am old) and have not seen so many issues after every upgrade as I encounter recently in the last 2-3 years or so. So far I have encountered 4 issues trying to upgrade to the latest versions of XenDesktop 1909 and Netscaler 13.0 41.20. To summarize:

1. One can no longer install WEM agent as a system component and hide it from users in Programs and Features. I have a case opened on this

2. Fresh install of Netscaler 13.0.41.20 leaves you unable to add NTP servers. You have to manually add ntp.conf file before you can modify any of the NTP settings

3. Upgrading Netscaler SDX to the latest edition causes frequent alerts about CPU and drive space use. One of the CPUs of a virtual Netscaler instance does appear pegged all the time, including on a passive node with no traffic. I have a case opened on this as well

4. Like everyone else here, I am unable to modify Gateway Session Profiles. I will be opening a case on this even if it is to give them an earful.

I am dreading the moment when I have to upgrade my StoreFront and Delivery Controllers. I am tempted to switch to LTSR in hopes that maybe it is a bit less full of "surprises" but I wouldn't bet on it.

Does Citrix even test updates before releasing or are we  being used as testers and if that's the case should Citrix not pay us for finding all those bugs?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I got the same error and Citrix removed trial licenses around same time. So, I thought the error is because of license issue. I almost gave up on my lab as none of the trial licenses are working and I was not able to get new trial license. 

Thank you very much for posting this. I downloaded new version and it worked without any issues. 

Thanks a ton!!!!