Welcome to our new Citrix community!

ADFS and Storefront Error " cannot complete your request"

Rajanikanth Eppakayala

Storefront 1903 integrated directly with ADFS 4.0.  When i trying to login url redirecting to adfs and authenticating,  After authentication it is redirecting to storefront url, but storefront  url throwing " cannot complete your request" error.

In storefront server i am getting Event id : ,1 source : Citrix Receiver for Web  

No errors in ADFS and delivery controller

Request any help 

Event error:

There was an error during a resources List request.
System.InvalidOperationException, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
There is an error in XML document (1, 2).
   at Citrix.DeliveryServicesClients.Resources.ResourcesClient.TryGetChallenge(Exception ex, String serviceUrl)
   at Citrix.DeliveryServicesClients.Resources.ResourcesClient.GetResources(String serviceUrl, String token, Boolean fullEnumeration, Dictionary`2 extraHeaders, String clientAddress, String clientName, CitrixAuthChallenge& challenge)
   at Citrix.Web.StoreProxy.Controllers.ResourcesController.GetResources(List`1 resourceDetails, Dictionary`2 jsonResourceData)
   at Citrix.Web.StoreProxy.Controllers.ResourcesController.List(ResourcesRequestParamsDto parameters)

System.InvalidOperationException, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
<html xmlns=''> was not expected.
   at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationReaderResourcesDto.Read1_resources()

image.thumb.png.cdc46ff062dbee27ebfbb9acb994c04a.png

Form authentication enabled in storefront server, which causing this error. After disabling form authentication, storefront successfully logged in.

Now i am facing application launch issue. When i launch notepad app, it is asking user name and password again. No errors in storefront/adfs/delivery controll/app server.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Reppaka897

Now that you have successfully configured the authentication part of the SAML StoreFront deployment you need to solve the SSON to the VDA at launch problem.....

You need to provision a FAS server which will perform a smart card logon during every resource launch.  This is necessary in both StoreFront (on prem) scenarios and when also using federated authentication methods like SAML to authenticate into Citrix Cloud and Workspace for Web although slightly more steps are required in cloud.  

Here is how to do it on prem in your domain and the FAS configuration process has been made much easier recently.

https://www.citrix.com/blogs/2019/05/30/automating-federated-authentication-services-with-powershell/

I have done this a few times successfully and can assist you if needed.

Mark 

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/15/2019 at 11:39 AM, Mark Dear said:

Hi Reppaka897

Now that you have successfully configured the authentication part of the SAML StoreFront deployment you need to solve the SSON to the VDA at launch problem.....

You need to provision a FAS server which will perform a smart card logon during every resource launch.  This is necessary in both StoreFront (on prem) scenarios and when also using federated authentication methods like SAML to authenticate into Citrix Cloud and Workspace for Web although slightly more steps are required in cloud.  

Here is how to do it on prem in your domain and the FAS configuration process has been made much easier recently.

https://www.citrix.com/blogs/2019/05/30/automating-federated-authentication-services-with-powershell/

I have done this a few times successfully and can assist you if needed.

Mark