Welcome to our new Citrix community!

MonServiceBinding: Last response: Failure - Probe timed out.

tylital520

Hi,

I am getting the following error on NetScaler System Log couple of times a day:

MonServiceBinding_192.168.0.100:53_(ping-default)(nameserver_192.168.0.100_53): DOWN; Last response: Failure - Probe timed out.
'server_svc_NSSVC_DNS_192.168.0.100:53(nameserver_192.168.0.100_53)' DOWN

then after ~45 second it's up again:

MonServiceBinding_192.168.0.100:53_(ping-default)(nameserver_192.168.0.100_53): UP; Last response: Success -ICMP echo reply received.
'server_svc_NSSVC_DNS_192.168.0.100:53(nameserver_192.168.0.100_53)' UP

I think this happens because for some reason the ping-default monitor response takes too long time. I tried to follow the instruction I found here http://www.diyar.online/2016/08/citrix-netscaler-dns-server-effective-state-down-probe-failed/ to create a new monitor and service, but when I try to create the DNS service I get an error message saying: "Resource already exists". There are no services in Traffic Management -> Load Balancing ->Services.

Any ideas what I should do?

The article you pointed is to deal with a situation where pings (icmp) i s not allowed, in your case icmp is allowed otherwise it would have never come up. You should probably investigate on why the ICMP response is delayed / dropped to check for any potential network issues. 

However, if you want to follow the article and use a dns monitor then first remove the name-server from (Traffic Management >> DNS >> Name Servers) , you should not see that error anymore.

• Like 2

On 9/15/2019 at 9:14 PM, Siddhartha Sarmah said:

The article you pointed is to deal with a situation where pings (icmp) i s not allowed, in your case icmp is allowed otherwise it would have never come up. You should probably investigate on why the ICMP response is delayed / dropped to check for any potential network issues. 

However, if you want to follow the article and use a dns monitor then first remove the name-server from (Traffic Management >> DNS >> Name Servers) , you should not see that error anymore.

Thanks! Yes we will definitely need to check what is causing the delay instead of just increasing the accepted delay,

• 1 month later...