Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Custom monitor for an XML SOAP service

Pedro Huaroto M

A SOAP call is nothing more than a special type of HTTP request. You should be able to craft a monitor with an HTTP POST with appropriate content type, headers, and XML body to use for the probe. Then your expression for validating the success can check the response body for appropriate content.

If you can run a capture to see what an example SOAP call looks like, that'd probably be the best starting point.

Hi, I understand that the monitor should be customized, but I cannot find the appropriate parameters, this link does not show information for xml: https://docs.citrix.com/en-us/netscaler/12/load-balancing/load-balancing -custom-monitor / understand-user-monitor.html

I show the images of the topology, and captures made, please any suggestions?
Thank you

1.png

2.png

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Ross, the point is that we must send an xml with parameters to the web service, and also analyze the response.
We were reviewing and an option through perl programming.

On the Internet there are ways of how with Perl we can 'consume Web Service from perl', but we would have to complement the syntax according to NetScler, and this documentation unfortunately does not exist in Citrix edocs

Please, has anyone used perl syntax in Netscaler?
Thank you

Is the uncertainty on how to send XML in the monitor to the backend service, or how to make the monitor to be dynamic so that it has parameterized values that get inserted into the XML payload?

If it's just XML and the request can look the same every time, you can create an HTTP-ECV monitor with the "send string" of something like this:

POST /service.asmx HTTP/1.1
Content-Type: text/xml

<soapEnvelope>...
</soapEnvelope>

Then you'll just parse the response so that it has what you expect.